TOP 10 TIPS FOR MAINTAINING AND STAYING IN CONTROL OF YOUR WEIGHT
- Weigh your self every morning, naked and before you eat or drink. You will keep track of your progress and slippage and therefore take corrective action before it gets out of control. This is not an aid to “guilt”, but rather immediate information for you and confidence building. With a goal that the scale never goes up. Slow steady progress and plateaus are the goal.
- Supplementation is key for successful and healthy weight loss. Liquid calcium, magnesium, potassium, iron, antioxidants are just a few that help your body keep up with activities of the day. If you can’t feel the difference, then try another brand. I use Univera products because I can feel the difference they make. Additionally, I take a multivitamin, Omega, and a high quality low carb greens. As a reminder, take vitamins and supplements when you brush your teeth (keep them near your toothbrush in bathroom so you don’t forget). Don’t forget to take them with you when traveling. Check out and compare: www.PamelaMacDonald.myunivera.com .
- Drink at least 8 glasses of water each and every day. Try drinking one before you eat and one after. It helps you feel full and will aid digestion. Water also helps flush out toxins.
- Eat at least 4 smaller meals every day. Start with the largest meal of the day at breakfast and get smaller as the day progresses. Most meals consist of a lean protein and lots of veggies.
- Before you go to bed, between 8 pm and 10 pm, eat a very easy to digest protein food. Such as a shake or drink made from lean low carb (no sugar) low fat protein powder such as whey isolate or soy protein.
- Eat veggies. LOTS of them. Above ground veggies such as green peppers, mushrooms, broccoli, cauliflower, spinach, zucchini, celery … all good choices. (corn and beans not on the list). Make veggies your friends!
- Get a little kitchen scale. Purchase and prepare your veggies every week in advance. Weigh out two times 8 oz (by weight) veggies for each day of the week. Use them in soups, stir fries, salads and in omelets. Eat them for snacks. When you eat this many veggies you will be full enough.
- Find a veggie you love (for me it is cucumber) and always have some with you. When you are driving, commuting, working late. When you travel search out a store and buy cucumber or fennel or ??? to eat as you go. Top with black pepper and pink sea salt for a change.
- Release your urge and habit to eat foods high in carbs (such as sugar and flour, potatoes, pasta and rice). READ INGREDIENTS. If you want to salt your food, use pink sea salt if you can find it. Use spices that you love and stay away from spices with sugar and extra ingredients that you don’t want or need.
- When you “treat”, get right back on the program. It will become a lifestyle habit and you will feel more energy and be pleased with the results. Let go of any guilt …. Love your sweet self exactly as you are. Daily viewing in all your nakedness will help you stay in love and on the program. ***********BONUS:***** One pound of butter is a great visual. When next in the grocery store, take a look at the butter section and see how many pounds you have released of that fat. One glass bottle of Perrier is 3 pounds, when full. I walked around the grocery store holding 4 of them in my hands when I released 12 pounds. Eventually as I released 75 pounds, I put Perrier bottles (refilled with tap water) on a tray and I was unable to lift the tray!!! I was dragging that excess fat around with me for years. Feel the freedom to be yourself!
Great tips Pam…