Who loves to hear from family and friends and new acquaintances that they brought joy into another person’s life?
I am guessing the answer is “everyone”! In my work, my day job, I work with people who seldom hear good words, kind words and words of encouragement. One could imagine that is how they came to work with me. I am a Probation Officer and I love my career.
In my 30 years in the business of helping others I have learned a few simple strategies.
- Find a quality you like and notice it in others, and tell them about it.
- Be genuine in your approach and always be in service to the other person.
- Never give up and never give in to discouragement.
- Be to the other, as you want the other to be to you.
- Be the best daughter, mother, partner, authority, employee and friend that you know how.
- Apologize when you have done something wrong.
- Keep in touch, keep the door open and let people know they matter.
- Hang out with people you want to be like. Offer them your service.
- Join a business where you get compensated for personal development growth.
- Send love notes to everyone, as often as you can and try to do it every day.
I love you. I am sorry. Please forgive me. Thank you.