Just a few notes, I will keep you “posted” and welcome the comments you have and tips to share with others.
In particular, I want to offer Safety Tips for women travelers, for solo travelers, for women traveling alone and or in groups.
If women can travel safely, then everyone (men, women and children) can enjoy travel.
Keep safety in mind.
- Respect local customs and dress conservatively.
- Women may experience sexual harassment and should be prepared to trust their instincts.
- Plan to arrive during daylight hours.
- Be aware of surroundings, and safe routes.
- Travel with phone numbers and ask for help in public.
- Always lock your room and be careful not to divulge too many details about where you are staying and who you are traveling with.
- If bothered in public, draw attention to the situation, and be loud.
- Befriend local women.
- Try not to turn a scary situation into a dangerous one.
- Use strong show of resistance not aggression.
- If looking for holiday romance, carry western manufactured condoms in your handbag.